||Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) - Office of HIV/AIDS Policy (OHAP)
||The Minority AIDS Initiative, the Development of a Document Data Warehouse, via an Interactive Website for the participation of nine DHHS Agencies and Subsequent OMB Reporting
Background: The Office of HIV/AIDS Policy (OHAP) contracted with American Cybernetic Corporation for leadership in the design and implementation of an interactive web enabled document management and reporting system in support of the Minority Aids Initiative (MAI). In order to identify issues facing the MAI and to shape future policy decisions, the MAI Document Inventory Reporting, demonstrates an effective and efficient means for managing and retrieving MAI program information.
ACC provide the leadership and the staffing required for the collection and identification of over 500 documents for the FYs 2006-2008 and provided the metadata necessary for OMB and departmental reporting. The systematic approach, considered the following:
- Identify specifications for the "database", including both the data elements (metatags) and the actual documents. The need for timely stakeholder and contractor involvement led to a website that would offer all parties the time critical convenience to assemble documents, extract data for metatags, conduct reviews, and report findings.
- Identify those documents that could be defined as formal reports, able to yield consistent and essential program information:
Note: The database contains information for over 293 programs that could be easily referenced and extracted from the 513 program documents. It standardizes statistical and detailed reporting and serves as an audit trail for relevant program documents.
- Proposals: DHHS agencies and offices submit proposals to OHAP, requesting funds for projects considered vital and essential. These Proposals are reviewed by OHAP.
- Progress Reports: During the execution of each MAI program, stakeholders are required to submit periodic progress reports. These reports offer a comprehensive description of the program and its objectives, the awards to grantees, funding sources (mixed if applicable), and information that may be relevant regarding status and accomplishments.
- Performance Assessment and Evaluation of Activities Reports: These documents are required when an MAI program is completed. They provide the accomplishments and any issues related to the program's objectives.
ACC's responsibilities included the coordination and communication with MAI funded agencies for the collection of documents and the verification of metadata that the ACC staff extracted from the program documents. The agencies included:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Service (IHS)
- Office of HIV/AIDS Policy (OHAP)
- Office of Minority Health (OMH)
- Office of Population Affairs (OPA)
- Office of Women's Health (OWH)
- Regional Health Administrators (RHA)
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Contract: The award was made October 2008 to American Cybernetic Corporation (ACC), a service disable veteran owned small business (MOBIS contract 08T85516).